ManageEngine OpManager - The best network monitor
The network is and has been one of the critical components of business success, irrespective of the size of the organization. When a network faces downtime, employees cannot access critical information and in turn, customers and employees cannot communicate leading to loss of productivity and loss of revenue. A network monitor software allows businesses to operate more fluently, prevent revenue loss, and also cut costs.
Network monitoring application requirements:
Small businesses and large organizations have different network monitor requirements and expectations. However, at the end of the day, it all comes down to:
- Low cost: The network monitor tool has to be affordable and light on the pocket to maintain.
- Easy to install and use: The network monitor has to be intuitive enough to get you started without the hassle of going through pages and pages of documentation.
- Feature-rich: Everyone wants more bang for the buck. The network monitor tool must be able to monitor all the network resources and must have high scalability to support the growth of the business/organization.
Once the above boxes are checked, what sets the network monitor solution apart from the rest or gives it a leading edge over the plethora of options available in the market?
- Customizable: Data is valuable and can be interpreted accurately only when it is presented meaningfully to the right audience. An actionable intelligent dashboard with customizations which can help to achieve this is a basic requirement of any network monitor tool.
- Scalable: When a business or organization grows, the network monitor solution must be viable to change and expansion, without compromising on the reliability. Network visibility across multiple locations with real-time data sync is a game-changer for networking tools.
- Support integrations: Readily available integrations to extend the functionality of the network monitor tool and offer flexibility to manage the other aspects of the network help administrators manage the entire network from the single console.
- Quick technical support: Round the clock premium support with onboarding assistance, upgrade assistance and periodic health check-ups is the highlight of a top-notch network monitor solution.
Why choose OpManager as your network monitor solution?
Monitor your network within minutes
OpManager supports reliable industry-standard monitoring protocols such as SNMP, Telnet, SSH, and WMI and has a simple to use point-and-click install and setup function to simplify network monitoring. OpManager supports multiple operating systems and is an agentless network monitor solution - due to this you can skip the entire hassle of agent installation. Post-installation, the device template feature enables you to quickly apply pre-defined monitoring configurations and start monitoring your device right away.
Device and interface templates
OpManager offers multi-vendor support with over 9000 device templates out-of-the-box with the option to add your own templates in case you ever need it. There are interface templates that can be applied in bulk, templates for file/folder monitoring and, also for process monitoring. The Quick Configuration Wizard allows you to apply the configuration to multiple devices on the go quickly.
One tool to monitor the network, server, and application performance!
OpManager leverages the monitoring protocols like NetFlow, sFlow, IP SLA in addition to the ones mentioned above (SNMP, SSH, etc.) for monitoring network and server. With OpManager, it is easy to decide upon the critical devices that need monitoring and quickly identify the parameter that consumes bandwidth or identify the device that needs troubleshooting. You can monitor the CPU, memory, and disk usage on mission-critical servers and easily identify the application/processes that consume the most resources - this also helps in capacity planning and hardware upgrades.
Advanced network troubleshooting - get to the root of the issue
OpManager offers a plethora of features to help you get to the root of a network issue. With an advanced fault management system, OpManager consolidates alerts from Windows Event logs, SNMP Traps, and Syslog. It enables you to set custom performance thresholds for proactive monitoring and avert potential network downtime - these alerts can be configured to be sent as an email, SMS or can be accessed on your smartphone. Another highlight is the provision to execute self-healing scripts to suppress unnecessary alarms or perform level 1 troubleshooting.
Network visualization options to understand your network.
Network monitor with advanced visualization techniques - network maps, Layer2 maps, category-wise device maps, and list views offer instant visibility into a network or device outage. OpManager also allows to you visualize WAN links across locations with Business Views with options to restrict user access to selected Business Views thereby taking care of your user management and security needs. To top all of this, OpManager also offers over 100 widgets that can be used in customizable Dashboards (with CCTV views) - tailored to suit the network monitoring admins' need.
Reports with provision to schedule and publish
OpManager provides over 100 reports on various network metrics with exclusive Top 'N' reports that show the top 10 resources (high/low) to quickly gain an understanding of the network. There are reports for WAN health, ESX VMware servers, Active Directory, MSSQL servers, Exchange servers, and many more that can be scheduled on a daily, weekly, monthly basis or for a custom period with an option to email or publish the reports.
Seamless integrations and add-ons for specific network management needs
- Netflow analyzer: In-depth network traffic analysis with real-time bandwidth usage monitoring (flow-based). Traffic reports help with capacity planning and identifying top talkers in the network.
- Network configuration management: Automate policy-based changes, configuration, and compliance on your network devices and completely eliminate manual configuration errors.
- Switch-port & IP address management: Get a holistic view of IP addresses, IP computer objects information, MAC address list, VLAN information, switch ports status & much more with this integration. Manage the IP address space and map devices that are plugged into the switch ports.
- Firewall log management: Effectively manage and monitor firewall logs, manage compliance in your firewall devices, and optimize your firewall rules based on its usage with this add-on.
- Applications manager: Monitor the availability and performance of both network devices, and the entire application tier using a single web console.
- ServiceDesk Plus: Efficient network fault management with automated creation of tickets and assignments based on rules/thresholds. Very helpful in asset and management.
- Analytics Plus: Integration with Analytics Plus helps in visualizing network traffic performance in cloud-native/agnostic, hybrid IT networks.
- ServiceNow: Log specific network faults as tickets, track them, and clear the alarms once they are resolved.
- Alarms One: Simplified alert management with on-call schedules, escalations, noise reduction, and many more.
- Rest API: Integrate OpManager with 3rd party IT management/service desk software like ServiceNow, BMC Remedy, etc. Rest API can add and fetch data from OpManager.
The X factor - Affordability
Budgets play an important part in every organization and better ROI is always an influencing factor in every final call made - not pertaining to just choosing the right network monitor solution. Also, then of course comes the concept of reviews and features that compel you to make the switch from the rest. How does OpManager stand out as a leading cost-efficient network monitor?
- Transparent pricing options, multiple editions to choose from, including a free edition - and free trial with the advantage to migrate seamlessly to the commercial versions.
- A self-reliant network monitor solution that does not mandate consulting.
- Constant upgrades and feature releases at no extra cost.
- Easy integration with software from the ManageEngine suite for monitoring each and every aspect of the network.
- 24x5 technical support.
- Trust factor - With recognition from leading review and research sites like Gartner, Network World, Infotech, etc., OpManager is the choice of over 1 million IT administrators over the world.
Well, what are you waiting for? Choose the best network monitor in the market - ManageEngine OpManager