How to set up Twilio as the SMS gateway in OpManager
Before setting up Twilio as the SMS gateway for OpManager, make sure that:
- You have a Twilio account ( You can create a Twilio account here if you don't have one).
- You have an active internet connection.
- You have a valid Twilio phone number to send sms.
Steps to setup Twilio as your SMS gateway
- Sign in to your Twilio account
- Create a new project by clicking on Create a New Project. Select the Products tab. Click on Programmable SMS and click continue.
- Once the project is created, you will be redirected to the console (https://www.twilio.com/console). Copy both the ACCOUNT SID and AUTH TOKEN from the console and save them separately.
- In order to use Twilio, you will require a Twilio phone number ( a virtual phone number used to send SMS). Follow the below steps to purchase a Twilio phone number :
- Click on the left side menu and select Phone numbers.
- Select “Buy a Number”. Select the appropriate Country and number pattern from the search and buy the number that you wish.
- Now go to “Manage Number->Active Number” in the left hand side column. You will notice that the purchased numbers will be present in this section. Copy the number along with the country code and ‘+’.
- Go to Settings->Basic->SMS Settings, under SMS Gateway, select "Twilio" as the SMS Provider.
- Enter the Account SID & Auth token copied previously.
- Enter the Twilio phone number (purchased in the above steps).
- If you wish to test if the configuration is successful, click on the Test SMS button.
- Enter a mobile number with country code and click Send SMS.
- Check the Gateway API response for more details on the SMS status.
Click here to learn how to create a sms profile and start receiving notifications