How to discover Hyper-V devices?
Hyper-V devices are automatically discovered by OpManager and classified under the Virtual Devices map. Hyper-V is discovered in OpManager using WMI credentials. So all you need to do is
- Ensure that the device is WMI-enabled
- Configure the WMI credential in OpManager.
- Select the credential type as Windows
- Configure the Domain Name, the user name, and the password. Example:- TestDomain\TestUser.
- You can either add just the device for discovery or also add the network if you going to discover the other devices too on the same network. As mentioned above, even if you add the network for discovery, OpManager will properly classify them as Hyper-Vs.