How can I discover the interfaces associated with my device?
Discovering interfaces through Device Snapshot page
- Go to Inventory -> Devices and select the device whose associated interfaces you wish to discover.
- In the device snapshot page, click on the green colored button containing three horizontal lines on the top right corner.
- Select the Discover Interfaces option. Now the interfaces associated with the selected device will be discovered and displayed. Select the required interfaces and click on Save.
Note: You can also rediscover a device from its device snapshot page and discover all the interfaces associated with it.
Discovering interfaces in bulk
You can discover interfaces in bulk (i.e discovering the interfaces associated with multiple devices simultaneously) from the Discovery Profile page.
- Go to Settings -> Discovery -> Discovery Profile and navigate to the 'Interface Discovery' section.
- Click on the 'Enable' option and select the Interface type, Admin status and Operational status and continue with the device discovery process. (Click here to know more about admin and operational status)
- Schedule the discovery process or execute it then. The associated interfaces that match the specified condition will now be discovered along with the devices in OpManager.
Interface Discovery (for OpManager versions 125174 and above)
The Interface Discovery feature (in OpManager versions 125174 and above) allows you to discover your network interfaces post discovery and monitor the various parameters associated with it. Interfaces can be discovered in bulk by specifying a criteria and condition for the devices and their associated interfaces.
- Go to Setting -> Discovery -> Interface Discovery.
- Define a condition and criteria for devices and interfaces to be discovered.
For example: If you want to discover the interfaces associated with devices from a specific vendor, select the device criteria 'Vendor', the condition 'equals' and specify the vendor name. Likewise, specify the required interface criteria (interface name, description, etc) and condition for the discovery.
- Click on the Discover option to start discovering interfaces that matches the specified description.
Note: When multiple device/interface criteria is selected, choose between the two options to carry out the process.
'Match Any of the following (OR)' - Device/interface that satisfy any one condition will be considered.
'Match ALL of the following (AND) - Device/interface that satisfy ALL the given conditions will only be considered.
Discovery interfaces automatically while adding a device
- Enable the Interface Discovery option under Settings -> Discovery -> Discovery Settings before adding a device using 'Add Device' option. This allows you to automatically discover all available interfaces associated with the device during discovery.