OpManager’s Downtime Scheduler is employed during planned maintenance of network devices. With this, you don’t have to worry about alerts being triggered when a network device is taken off the network. Downtime scheduler can also be used to pause monitoring of device(s) for a specific duration.
- To get started, go to Settings -> Configuration -> Device Downtime Schedules
- Click on Add Schedule
- Provide a name and description for the device downtime schedule.
- Select the Downtime Frequency. It is the interval or time period at which the device downtime schedule will run.
- Select the required filter (Category, Business Views, Groups, Devices, URLs) and choose the devices to be added to the the maintenance schedule
- Type in your mail address under Send Email to be notified when the schedule is initiated.
- Click on Save
- If you wish to disable the Device Downtime Schedule, go to Settings -> Configuration -> Device Downtime schedules and set the status to disable for the corresponding device downtime schedule.
- Once a device is put under maintenance, all the dependent devices will also be marked as 'Unmanaged'. You can view the device hierarchy (dependency details) by clicking on the View dependency Details option in the Add Schedule page.