How can I export Layer 2 maps to Visio ?
OpManager allows you to export the network topology that is discovered by Layer2 maps to Microsoft Visio, a diagramming and flowchart designing tool. This process has been greatly simplified by the introduction of an exclusive add-on.
Follow the steps below to export Layer 2 maps to Visio:
- Go to Maps > Layer 2 map
- Choose a discovered layer 2 map, click on the Settings icon and choose Export to Visio. An XML file will be generated.
- Add-on for Visio:
- Download the OpManager Add-on for Visio from here. If you are using the 2010 version of Visio, download this Add-on.
- The downloaded file will contain two installation options, a 64-bit and a 32-bit version. Choose a compatible version and install the Add-on with the administrator account.
- Restart the Visio tool.
- A new option, OpManager will be added to the menu-bar of Visio.
- In the Visio menu-bar, go to OpManager > Load Map > Choose the XML file, that was generated in step 2.
Your Layer 2 Map will be successfully uploaded to Visio.