Associating Event Log Rules to a device
To associate a event log rule to a device/multiple devices in your network, follow one of the steps below:
To associate an Event log rule for multiple devices:
- Go to Settings -> Configuration -> Quick Configuration Wizard.
- Click on Event log rules.
- Select the Log file which OpManager has to monitor for the occurrence of the event
- Select the event for which OpManager must raise an alert.
- Select the device(s) for which OpManager must raise an alert when the specified event occurs.
- Click on Save.
To associate an Event log rule for an individual device:
Note: This process is applicable only for Microsoft devices ( such as Windows, Hyper-V's etc )
- Go to the device snapshot page of the individual device
- Click on the Monitors tab.
- Click on the EventLog Monitors tab. If the EventLog Monitors tab is not displayed, Click on More -> EventLog Monitors
- Click the + symbol ( on the top right corner ) and click on Associate Monitor.
- Check the Monitoring Interval checkbox. If you would like to change the monitoring interval, specify the new monitoring interval value ( in mins ).
- Select the Events for which OpManager has to monitor the logs and click on Associate.
Note: You can associate a Notification profile for the Event log rules. Click here to learn how to create a notification profile. In the 'criteria' page, select the particular Event log rule from the When Event Log Rules generates alarm section.
To know more about Event log rules, click here.