- System requirements
- Minimum privileges required
- Default port configuration
- Installing DataSecurity Plus
- Uninstalling DataSecurity Plus
- Starting DataSecurity Plus
- Launching DataSecurity Plus
- Configuring your solution
- Licensing details
- Applying a license
- About File Auditing
- Domain configuration
- File server configuration
- Failover cluster configuration
- Workgroup configuration
Setting up File Audit
- About File Analysis
Setting up File Analysis
Data Risk Assessment
- About Data risk assessment
Setting up Data risk assessment
- About Endpoint DLP
Setting up Endpoint DLP
- About Cloud Protection
- Gateway Server Configuration
- Certificate Authority Configuration
- Gateway Configuration in Endpoint
- Manage Certificate Trust Store
- Threat Analytics Database
- Manage Banned Applications
- Manage Authorized Applications
- Gateway Server Failover
- Global Insight
- Application Insight
- User Insight
- Shadow Application Insight
- Banned Application Insight
- Cloud Access Reports
- Application Insights
- Shadow Cloud Application Reports
- Banned Cloud Application Reports
- File Upload Reports
Setting up Cloud Protection
- Technician configuration
- Email configuration
- Notification filters
- Manage agent
- SIEM integration
- Business hours configuration
- Two-factor authentication
- Workgroup configuration
- Security policy
- Agent document
- How to Migrate/Move DataSecurity Plus
- How to apply SSL certificate
- How to automate DataSecurity Plus database backup
- How to set alerts in DataSecurity Plus
Configuring Windows file servers
File Analysis scans Windows file servers to provide file security and storage insights. Configure file servers by following the steps below:
- Select File Analysis from the application drop-down menu.
- Go to Configuration > Source > Windows File Server.
- Click + Add Server in the top-right corner.
- Click the + symbol next to Select Server.
- In the Select Servers pop-up, add the server, and click Select.
- Choose to scan drives by selecting one of the following options:
- All drives: This option can be used to scan all drives in the selected server.
- Specific drives: This option can be used to scan specific drives as defined by you.
- Custom drives: This option can be used to scan mounted drives or when the Specific drives option is unavailable. (The Specific drives option will be disabled automatically if DataSecurity Plus is unable to detect any drives.)
- Click Install Agent and Finish.
Note: Reports and dashboards in File Analysis will be populated after the scans complete their first run. You can view the scan status in the Crunch Status section on the Configured Servers page (File Analysis > Configuration > Windows File Server).