- System requirements
- Minimum privileges required
- Default port configuration
- Installing DataSecurity Plus
- Uninstalling DataSecurity Plus
- Starting DataSecurity Plus
- Launching DataSecurity Plus
- Configuring your solution
- Licensing details
- Applying a license
- About File Auditing
Setting up File Audit
- About Endpoint DLP
Setting up Endpoint DLP
- About File Analysis
Setting up File Analysis
Data Risk Assessment
- About Data risk assessment
Setting up Data risk assessment
- Technician configuration
- Email configuration
- Notification filters
- Manage agent
- SIEM integration
- Business hours configuration
About DataSecurity Plus
Starting DataSecurity Plus
There are two ways to start DataSecurity Plus:
- As a service (using the system account).
- As an application (using the logged in user account).
Starting DataSecurity Plus as a service
- Install DataSecurity Plus as a service.
- Go to Windows > Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > Services > ManageEngine DataSecurity Plus > Start the service.
Note: To run DataSecurity Plus as a service using a different account that has the required minimum privileges, go to Windows > Services and right-click ManageEngine DataSecurity Plus. Then select Properties > Log on and provide the credentials of the account you want to use to run DataSecurity Plus as a service.
Starting DataSecurity Plus as an application
- Install DataSecurity Plus as an application.
- Go to Windows > DataSecurity Plus > Start DataSecurity Plus server.
Troubleshooting: “Windows security alert: Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this program.”
To start DataSecurity Plus, unblock the following programs:
- Database Server
- JavaTM 2 Platform Standard Edition binary
Don't see what you're looking for? Ask the Community