Help CenterFile Audit Endpoint Security File Analysis Risk Analysis Release Notes
- System requirements
- Minimum privileges required
- Default port configuration
- Installing DataSecurity Plus
- Uninstalling DataSecurity Plus
- Starting datasecurity plus
- Launching datasecurity plus
- Configuring your solutions
Setting up File Audit
- Predefined audit reports
- Creating new audit reports
- Creating new alert profiles
- Creating new incident profiles
- Configuring exclusion-based settings
- Configuring retention and archive settings
Setting up Endpoint Security
Setting up File Analysis
Setting up Data Risk AssessmentDashboard
About DataSecurity Plus
How-ToQuick Start File Audit Endpoint Security Risk Analysis File Analysis About DataSecurity Plus Release notes Contact us
Starting DataSecurity Plus
There are two ways to start DataSecurity Plus:
- As a service (using the system account).
- As an application (using the logged in user account).
Starting DataSecurity Plus as a service
- Install DataSecurity Plus as a service.
- Go to Windows > Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > Services > ManageEngine DataSecurity Plus > Start the service.
Note: To run DataSecurity Plus as a service using a different account that has the required minimum privileges, go to Windows > Services and right-click ManageEngine DataSecurity Plus. Then select Properties > Log on and provide the credentials of the account you want to use to run DataSecurity Plus as a service.
Starting DataSecurity Plus as an application
- Install DataSecurity Plus as an application.
- Go to Windows > DataSecurity Plus > Start DataSecurity Plus server.
Troubleshooting: “Windows security alert: Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this program.”
To start DataSecurity Plus, unblock the following programs:
- Database Server
- Java(TM) 2 Platform Standard Edition binary