Help CenterAbout File Auditing About Endpoint DLP About File Analysis About Data risk assessment Release Notes
- System requirements
- Minimum privileges required
- Default port configuration
- Installing DataSecurity Plus
- Uninstalling DataSecurity Plus
- Starting DataSecurity Plus
- Launching DataSecurity Plus
- Configuring your solution
Setting up File Audit
Setting up Endpoint DLP
Setting up File Analysis
Setting up Data risk assessment
About DataSecurity Plus
TroubleshootingQuick Start File Auditing Endpoint DLP Data Risk Assessment File Analysis About DataSecurity Plus Release notes Contact us
- Technician configuration
- Email configuration
- Notification filters
- Manage agent
- SIEM integration
- Business hours configuration
Starting DataSecurity Plus
There are two ways to start DataSecurity Plus:
- As a service (using the system account).
- As an application (using the logged in user account).
Starting DataSecurity Plus as a service
- Install DataSecurity Plus as a service.
- Go to Windows > Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > Services > ManageEngine DataSecurity Plus > Start the service.
Note: To run DataSecurity Plus as a service using a different account that has the required minimum privileges, go to Windows > Services and right-click ManageEngine DataSecurity Plus. Then select Properties > Log on and provide the credentials of the account you want to use to run DataSecurity Plus as a service.
Starting DataSecurity Plus as an application
- Install DataSecurity Plus as an application.
- Go to Windows > DataSecurity Plus > Start DataSecurity Plus server.
Troubleshooting: “Windows security alert: Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this program.”
To start DataSecurity Plus, unblock the following programs:
- Database Server
- JavaTM 2 Platform Standard Edition binary