- System requirements
- Minimum privileges required
- Default port configuration
- Installing DataSecurity Plus
- Uninstalling DataSecurity Plus
- Starting DataSecurity Plus
- Launching DataSecurity Plus
- Configuring your solution
- Licensing details
- Applying a license
- About File Auditing
Setting up File Audit
- About Endpoint DLP
Setting up Endpoint DLP
- About File Analysis
Setting up File Analysis
Data Risk Assessment
- About Data risk assessment
Setting up Data risk assessment
- About Cloud Protection
- Gateway Server Configuration
- Certificate Authority Configuration
- Gateway Configuration in Endpoint
- Manage Certificate Trust Store
- Threat Analytics Database
- Manage Banned Applications
- Manage Authorized Applications
- Cloud Access Reports
- Application Reports
- Shadow Cloud Application Reports
- Banned Cloud Application Reports
- File Upload Reports
Setting up Cloud Protection
- Technician configuration
- Email configuration
- Notification filters
- Manage agent
- SIEM integration
- Business hours configuration
About DataSecurity Plus
- How to Migrate/Move DataSecurity Plus
- How to apply SSL certificate
- How to automate DataSecurity Plus database backup
Installing DataSecurity Plus
DataSecurity Plus can be installed on any machine in your network that satisfies the system requirements.
To download DataSecurity Plus, click the link below.
Installing DataSecurity Plus as an application
By default, DataSecurity Plus will be installed as an application. Once you've downloaded the .EXE file, run it and follow these instructions for installation:
- Once the InstallShield Wizard opens, click Next.
- Read the License Agreement, and click Yes.
Choose the destination folder for installation, and click Next. By default, DataSecurity Plus will be installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\ManageEngine\DataSecurity Plus.
Troubleshooting: "Some files exist in the specified directory. Kindly provide a different location for installing DataSecurity Plus."
This error will occur if log files from a previous DataSecurity Plus instance are present in the destination folder. You can manually delete the DataSecurity Plus folder, or create a new folder called “DataSecurity Plus <Build number>” in C:\Program Files (x86)\ManageEngine\ and make it the destination folder.
- Enter the port number that you wish to use for DataSecurity Plus, and click Next.
- Sign up for technical support. All you have to do is enter your business email ID and click Next.
- Click Next again to allow DataSecurity Plus to begin copying files to the installation directory. This process will take a few minutes.
- Select Start DataSecurity Plus, and click Finish.
Note: The default port used by DataSecurity Plus is 8800.
Note: Antivirus scanners interfering with the database file may affect the normal functioning of the database. Ensure that the DataSecurity Plus installation folder is exempt from the scope of your antivirus scanners.
Installing DataSecurity Plus as a Windows service (Recommended)
To run DataSecurity Plus as a Windows service:
- Go to Windows > DataSecurity Plus.
- Click Install as a Service.
Alternatively, you can also:
- Open the Command Prompt.
- Navigate to <installation dir>\ManageEngine\DataSecurity Plus\bin.
- Type “InstallNTService.bat”.
Best practice: Install DataSecurity Plus as a service to ensure that event collection doesn't stop even after a user logs out.
Don't see what you're looking for?
Request additional resources
Send us your requirements.
for getting in touch!
We'll get back to you shortly.
In the meanwhile, take a look
at these resources: :
Request help document
Looking for more technical papers and documents to suit your specific needs? Fill in the details in the form below.