- System requirements
- Minimum privileges required
- Default port configuration
- Installing DataSecurity Plus
- Uninstalling DataSecurity Plus
- Starting DataSecurity Plus
- Launching DataSecurity Plus
- Configuring your solution
- Licensing details
- Applying a license
- About File Auditing
Setting up File Audit
- About File Analysis
Setting up File Analysis
Data Risk Assessment
- About Data risk assessment
Setting up Data risk assessment
- About Endpoint DLP
Setting up Endpoint DLP
- About Cloud Protection
- Gateway Server Configuration
- Certificate Authority Configuration
- Gateway Configuration in Endpoint
- Manage Certificate Trust Store
- Threat Analytics Database
- Manage Banned Applications
- Manage Authorized Applications
- Gateway Server Failover
- Two-way SSL configuration
- Cloud Access Reports
- Application Insights
- Shadow Cloud Application Reports
- Banned Cloud Application Reports
- File Upload Reports
Setting up Cloud Protection
- Technician configuration
- Notification filters
- Manage agent
- SIEM integration
- Business hours configuration
- Two-factor authentication
- Workgroup configuration
- Security policy
- DataSecurity Plus Server
- Privacy Settings
- Disk utilization
- Schedule Retention Policy
- HTTP communication failure
- Dormant DataEngine
- Secure Gateway server failure
- RPC communication failure
- Known issues and limitations
- Known errors and solutions
- Agent document
- How to Migrate/Move DataSecurity Plus
- How to apply SSL certificate
- How to automate DataSecurity Plus database backup
- How to set alerts in DataSecurity Plus
How to troubleshoot RPC communication failure
You may receive the following error when the DataSecurity Plus server cannot communicate with the agent computer: "Error occurred while getting agent regedit data."
This page provides the steps to troubleshoot Remote Procedure Call (RPC) communication failures in DataSecurity Plus.
Causes for RPC communication error
Common causes for an RPC failure can be network connectivity issues, interrupted RPC service, firewall issues, etc.
Steps to resolve RPC error
- Ping the agent computer from the DataSecurity Plus server and check whether it is in the same network as the server.
- Make sure the user credentials given in Domain settings are also added to the Domain Admin user account.
- Make sure DataSecurity Plus' default ports are opened.
- Start the Remote Procedure Call (RPC), RPC Locator, and Remote Registry services, if they are not already running:
- Go to Start > Run and type services.msc.
- Right-click the individual service's name.
- Click Properties.
- Change the Startup type to Automatic.
- Click Start.
- Check whether Admin$ and C$ are shared.
- Go to Start > Run and type fsmgmt.msc.
- Check whether Admin$ and C$ and listed under Shares.
- Check whether you have access to the Admin$ share on the client computer:
- Go to Start > Run and type \\<client Computer Name>\admin$.
- If you do not have access to the Admin$ share, enable Firewall Remote Administration Exception:
- Go to Start > Run and type gpedit.msc.
- Select Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Network > Network Connections > Windows Defender Firewall > Domain Profile.
- Double-click Windows Firewall: Allow inbound remote administration exception.
- Click Enabled, then click OK.
If the issue persists, you can contact DataSecurity Plus' technical support team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include the following details in your email to help us assist you better:
- Product edition (Free, Trial, or Standard).
- Product build number.
- A brief description of the problem.
Additionally, you can call the support team at: +1.844.245.1101 (toll-free).