- System requirements
- Minimum privileges required
- Default port configuration
- Installing DataSecurity Plus
- Uninstalling DataSecurity Plus
- Starting DataSecurity Plus
- Launching DataSecurity Plus
- Configuring your solution
- Licensing details
- Applying a license
- About File Auditing
Setting up File Audit
- About Endpoint DLP
Setting up Endpoint DLP
- About File Analysis
Setting up File Analysis
Data Risk Assessment
- About Data risk assessment
Setting up Data risk assessment
- About Cloud Protection
- Gateway Server Configuration
- Certificate Authority Configuration
- Gateway Configuration in Endpoint
- Manage Certificate Trust Store
- Threat Analytics Database
- Manage Banned Applications
- Manage Authorized Applications
- Cloud Access Reports
- Application Reports
- Shadow Cloud Application Reports
- Banned Cloud Application Reports
- File Upload Reports
Setting up Cloud Protection
- Technician configuration
- Email configuration
- Notification filters
- Manage agent
- SIEM integration
- Business hours configuration
About DataSecurity Plus
- How to Migrate/Move DataSecurity Plus
- How to apply SSL certificate
- How to automate DataSecurity Plus database backup
Guide to automate DataSecurity Plus database backup
You can now schedule your DataSecurity Plus database backup using a predefined script. Follow the steps below to set up a schedule for daily database backup using Windows Task Scheduler:
- Open Windows Task Scheduler.
- Click Action > Create task.
- Enter the Name and Description of the task (ex: DataSecurity Plus DB backup task).
- Retain or edit the service account that will be used to run the script.
- In Security options, select Run whether user is logged on or not and check the Do not store password option.
- Select Run with highest privileges.
- Choose the preferred operation system versions from the Configure for drop-down.
- Go to Triggers and click New in the bottom-left corner.
- Configure Begin the task as On a schedule.
- Under Settings, choose Daily and define the Start date and time.
- Enter the Recur every value as 1.
- Click OK.
- Go to Action and click New in the bottom-left corner.
- Set Action as Start a Program.
- Under the Program/script field:
- Use Browse to navigate to <installation_directory>\ManageEngine\DataSecurity Plus\bin.
- Select the AutoBackupDB.bat and click Open.
- In the Start in field, enter <installation_directory>\ManageEngine\DataSecurity Plus\bin (do not enclose within double quotes).
- Click OK.
Note: If scheduling daily backups, ensure you allocate sufficient storage space in the backup location drive. Alternatively, you can also schedule the backup to weekly or monthly as needed.
Note: The default location of the database backup is <installation_directory>\ManageEngine\DataSecurity Plus\Backup.
Note: When the specified service account is not the same as the current logged-in account, Windows Task Scheduler will prompt password authentication.
Follow the steps below to set or update a password for the task:
- In the Task Scheduler Library, right-click on the task created for automatic database backup and click Properties.
- Under Security options, click Change User or Group. Edit the service or user account. Click OK.
- Click OK on the task properties window.
- You will be prompted to enter the new password.
- Enter the Password and click OK.
Don't see what you're looking for?
Request additional resources
Send us your requirements.
for getting in touch!
We'll get back to you shortly.
In the meanwhile, take a look
at these resources: :
Request help document
Looking for more technical papers and documents to suit your specific needs? Fill in the details in the form below.