- System requirements
- Minimum privileges required
- Default port configuration
- Installing DataSecurity Plus
- Uninstalling DataSecurity Plus
- Starting DataSecurity Plus
- Launching DataSecurity Plus
- Configuring your solution
- Licensing details
- Applying a license
- About File Auditing
Setting up File Audit
- About Endpoint DLP
Setting up Endpoint DLP
- About File Analysis
Setting up File Analysis
Data Risk Assessment
- About Data risk assessment
Setting up Data risk assessment
- Technician configuration
- Email configuration
- Notification filters
- Manage agent
- SIEM integration
- Business hours configuration
About DataSecurity Plus
Port configuration guide
Below are details about ports that need to be open for the regular functioning of DataSecurity Plus.
The table below lists the default ports used by DataSecurity Plus. These can be changed during or after installation.
Ports Protocol Purpose 8800 HTTP Product web server/agent communication 9163 HTTPS Product web server/agent communication
The table below lists the ports on the destination computers that DataSecurity Plus uses. These ports can be opened on Windows or third-party firewalls.
Ports Protocol Destination Service Purpose Direction 135 TCP Monitored computers RPC Agent communication Outbound 137 TCP and UDP Monitored computers RPC Agent communication Outbound 138 UDP Monitored computers RPC Agent communication Outbound 139 TCP Monitored computers RPC Agent communication Outbound 445 TCP and UDP Monitored computers RPC For listing file shares Outbound 389 TCP and UDP Domain controllers LDAP For syncing AD objects with DataSecurity Plus Outbound 636 TCP Domain controllers LDAP over SSL For syncing AD objects with DataSecurity Plus Outbound 3268 TCP Domain controllers Global catalog For syncing AD objects with DataSecurity Plus Outbound 3269 TCP Domain controllers Global catalog over SSL For syncing AD objects with DataSecurity Plus Outbound 88 TCP Domain controllers Kerberos For syncing AD objects with DataSecurity Plus Outbound 25 TCP SMTP servers SMTP To send emails Outbound 465 TCP SMTP servers SSL To send emails Outbound 587 TCP SMTP servers TLS To send emails Outbound 49152 - 65535 TCP Monitored computers RPC randomly allocated high TCP ports For agent communication and cluster configuration Outbound
Note:To change the default ports after installation, open the DataSecurity Plus console > Admin tab. Under General settings, go to Connection > Change port.
- Remote registry services must be running on all machines that have the DataSecurity Plus agent installed to monitor the agent status.
- If you're using Windows Firewall, you can open dynamic ports 49152 to 65535 on the monitored computers by enabling the outbound rules listed below.
- Remote Event Log Management (NP-In)
- Remote Event Log Management (RPC)
- Remote Event Log Management (RPC-EPMAP)
To enable the above rules: Open Windows Firewall > Advanced settings > Inbound Rules, right-click on the respective rules, and select Enable Rule.
Don't see what you're looking for? Ask the Community