SQL Monitoring with SQL Reports, Alarms & Dashboards
Applications Manager SQL Server Monitoring software capability helps database administrators monitor the performance and availability of production databases. It is an agentless monitoring solution that provides out-of-the-box performance metrics for ensuring the SQL Server runs efficiently.
Applications Manager provides a web client that helps you visualize and manage MSSQL Server Database farms and provides in-depth SQL monitoring data that helps you make educated decisions about usage patterns, plan capacity and alarm you of impending problems. The Root Cause analysis window helps the SQL Server DBA to troubleshoot performance problems quickly. Additionally the grouping capability helps you to group your databases based on the business process supported and helps the operations team to prioritize alarms as they are received.
SQL server monitoring has the ability to connect to the database source & monitor various system table column values, collect data, etc. and also notify through alarms, if the database system properties are beyond a given threshold.
Some of the components that are monitored in MS SQL database are:
- Memory Usage
- Buffer Manager Statistics
- Connection Statistics
- Cache Details
- Lock Details
- SQL Statistics
- Latch Details
- Access Method Details
- Database Details
- Scheduled Jobs
Monitor Custom MS SQL Database Queries
Additionally, Applications Manager also provides the ability to monitor any SQL Query of a MS SQL Database by using the Database Query Monitoring capability. With this, a DBA can monitor additional performance metrics, monitor custom database tables and even monitor and expose Business Metrics to Line of Business Managers. Applications Manager provides you wholesome Windows Monitoring - Windows Server monitorng, Microsoft .NET monitoring along with SQL Server monitoring.
SQL Server Monitoring Capabilities
- Out-of-the-box monitoring of MS SQL availability and performance.
- Monitors performance statistics such as memory usage, buffer manager statistics, connection statistics, cache details, sql statistics, etc., alarms can be configured for these parameters.
- Based on the thresholds configured, notifications and alarms are generated if the SQL Server or any specified database within the server is not accessible. Actions are executed automatically based on configurations.
- Performance graphs and reports are available instantly. Reports can be grouped and displayed based on availability, health, and connection time.
For more information, refer SQL Server Management Online Help.