Oracle VM Monitoring
Oracle VM Server is a virtualization technology from Oracle that provides complete server virtualization and management solution for virtual environments. It is a bare metal-type hypervisor that lets you efficiently manage the hypervisor, physical server, and applications through an integrated web-based management console, and aids in allowing the host machine to run multiple guest virtual environments. Given the extensive use of Oracle virtual servers among organizations, it is important to have an effective virtual server monitoring system in place to ensure optimal performance of your virtual environment.
Appplications Manager offers a proactive Oracle VM monitoring solution that collects detailed insights about the performance of your Oracle VM (OVM) servers and their associated virtual machines. It connects and discovers the Oracle VM virtual infrastructure and its components through standard Oracle VM Manager's Web Service APIs, and fetches the health status and performance of the OVM host servers and their virtual machines in real time. It monitors the configured Oracle VM Manager and it's associated inventory, like Storages, Repositories, Oracle VM Servers and its VMs, using which admins can set up a consistent monitoring system, control user experience, and improve real-time performance of mission-critical business services in the Oracle Virtual Infrastructure.
Discover and map all the components of the Oracle Virtual Infrastructure.
- Auto-discover OVM hypervisors associated with the Oracle Virtual Infrastructure by mapping them in their hierarchical topology, and monitoring them with business service views.
- Monitor performance at every tier of the Oracle Virtual Infrastructure, from the server pools in the data center, to servers belonging to those pools , to the OVM hypervisor & their associated virtual machines allocated to the host in a server pool, and finally to their underlying physical systems and applications running on those virtual machines.
- Monitor the server pools and their corresponding servers associated with the Oracle VM Infrastructure on which business-critical applications run, generate reports on the status of resource groups, and get notified of critical performance events.
Keep track of the performance of your OVM servers in real-time.
- Get an overall picture of the OVM environment with information like the number of hosts and their corresponding VMs running on them.
- Monitor various key performance parameters associated with the OVM server such as CPU and memory utilization, disk and network usage statistics, along with the performance of various virtual machines running under them.
- Analyze performance between the host server and its VMs, between applications and VMs, and between VMs hosted on the same physical machine.
Drill-down to the root cause of an issue with deep diagnostics.
- Rapidly identify bottlenecks by performing root-cause analysis to a problem in the Oracle Virtual Infrastrusture. Know if it's the network, the host servers and its VMs, or one of the applications causing the bottleneck.
- Determine if specific virtual machines are consuming resources and identify the applications responsible for this. Associate alerts to performance variables in order to minimize risks associated with outages.
- Eliminate downtime and application slowdown with root-cause diagnosis and proactive alerting. Configure alarms on user-defined thresholds and get notifications of performance problems and downtime via email and SMS instantly.
Generate performance reports using intelligent analytics.
- Gain complete insight into the performance of your Oracle VM servers with the aid of Applications Manager's attribute-wise performance analytics.
- Predict the future growth and utilization trends of your OVM servers in advance using machine learning-based performance forecasting.
- Plan load distribution and capacity management for your OVM monitors by identifying whether your servers are working at full capacity or are being underutilized.
- Generate reports to know how your OVM servers are performing over a period of time and analyze possible trends.
Register here for a sneak peek of our Oracle VM monitor.