Java Management Extensions technology (JMX) provides a simple, standard way to monitor and manage your JVM resources such as applications, devices, and services. Extracting metrics from JMX is a challenging process for system admins and developers who want deeper insight into their application.
Applications Manager is the smart solution for any admin looking to build a JMX console to expose application management information. It helps you with JMX monitoring by querying MBeans and listening for notifications to ensure application performance.
Monitoring and managing JMX
- Monitor Java/J2EE Applications that expose management information via JMX.
- Identify transactions, threads and connection pools responsible for consuming JVM resources.
- Get a comprehensive production monitoring tool with a consistent and usable interface.
Monitor Custom MBeans
- Query and report any Managed beans (MBeans) from your application.
- Gain real-time visibility into custom metrics in your application deployment like the state of memory management, class loading, active threads, logging, and platform configuration
Invoke MBean Operation
- Execute JMX MBean Operations and custom scripts to help administrators take corrective actions when thresholds are breached.
- Create notification listeners that listen for MBean notifications for specific events and respond appropriately.
Automate and Execute Operations
- Automate regular maintenance tasks, rolling upgrades, and more.
- Get notified via e-mail or SMS when the application becomes critical; with the help of threshold profiles and pattern matching.
- Identify trends and correlate metrics from an application during a slow transaction.
- Get out-of-the-box reports with trending information.
Get out-of-the-box support for: JMX 1.2 / JDK 1.5 / MX4J - RMI Connector, WebLogic JMX, JBoss JMX, and WebSphere JMX. Also, get support for Java application servers running on version 1.5 and above.