JMX Monitoring Tools
Java Management Extensions technology (JMX) provides a simple, standard way to perform JVM Performance Monitoring and manage your JVM resources such as applications, devices, and services. Extracting metrics from JMX is a challenging process for system admins and developers who want deeper insight into their application.
Monitoring JMX with Applications Manager:
Monitor JMX and manage the applications with ease
With a Java JMX monitoring software, you can:
- Monitor Java/J2EE Applications that expose management information via JMX.
- Identify transactions, threads and connection pools responsible for consuming JVM resources. You can also perform thread dumps and analyze them with a Java thread dump analyzer.
- Get a comprehensive production monitoring tool with a consistent and usable interface.
Monitor Custom MBeans
Monitoring JMX and custom MBeans can be quite the task, but with Applications Manager's JMX metrics monitoring solution:
- Query and report any Managed beans (MBeans) from your application.
- Gain real-time visibility into custom metrics in your application deployment like the state of memory management, class loading, active threads, logging, and platform configuration
Invoke MBean Operation
With the Applications Manager's JMX application monitoring software, go beyond just monitoring MBeans.
- Execute JMX MBean Operations and custom scripts to help administrators take corrective actions when thresholds are breached.
- Create notification listeners that listen for MBean notifications for specific events and respond appropriately.
Automate and Execute Operations
Applications Manager's JMX performance monitoring tool also empowers you with abilities to:
- Automate regular maintenance tasks, rolling upgrades, and more.
- Get notified via e-mail or SMS when the application becomes critical; with the help of threshold profiles and pattern matching.
Applications Manager's Java monitoring tools enable you to:
- Identify trends and correlate metrics from an application during a slow transaction.
- Get out-of-the-box reports with trending information.
Get out-of-the-box support for: JMX 1.2 / JDK 1.5 / MX4J - RMI Connector, WebLogic JMX, JBoss JMX, and WebSphere JMX. Also, get support for Java application servers running on version 1.5 and above.
Common queries on JMX monitoring:
What is JMX Monitoring and how to monitor JMX?
To ensure steady performance, regular supervision of performance is imperative, which is done by monitoring various key metrics in JMX applications. Applications Manager's JMX monitoring tool is the smart solution for any admin looking to monitor their JMX console and expose application information. It helps you with JMX monitoring by querying MBeans and sends out notifications in case of faults, to ensure that there's no degradation in application performance.