Citrix XenServer Monitoring
Cost savings, energy savings, operational efficiency from resource sharing are some of the many reasons why enterprises are moving their most mission-critical business applications to virtual platforms like Citrix XenServer. Since virtualized infrastructures are expected to deliver better performance than physical infrastructures, it is critical to ensure proactive monitoring of the infrastructure.
Applications Manager discovers your entire Citrix Infrastructure and determines the health and performance of the host servers and their corresponding virtual machines.
Track XenServer performance
- Monitor XenServer availability and get critical graphs of CPU, memory usage, network throughput and more.
- Get predefined alerts warning you of impending issues and overview graphs to identify VMs imposing unusual loads.
- Get an overview of the servers that are consuming your resources and take necessary action.
Resource Pool Discovery
- Automatically discover XenServer pools, hosts and their guest virtual machines.
- Map pool topology by tracking newly added hosts, VMs, and VM live migrations.
- Plan capacity and make educated decisions on resource allocation by monitoring resource pools and cluster performance.
Monitor CPU, Memory and Network Utilization
- Monitor overall host CPU usage and identify underutilized CPUs.
- Monitor memory usage and get notified when the memory usage becomes dangerously high or low.
- Monitor network usage; data transmitted and received rate, per-NIC network traffic
Track Storage Details, Usage and Capacity
- Discover all the VMs and storage repositories associated to it.
- Visualize shared storage configuration changes and utilization at the pool level
- Get notified when the disk space falls below the critical threshold margins.
Track VM Configuration and Capacity Details
- Get stats of all virtual machines, their disks, memory, and interfaces.
- Manage capacity by tracking the availability state of the pool, and whether resources are over committed.
Insightful Reports and Fault Management
- Alerts to notify you of performance problems and downtimes via email and SMS instantly.
- Get reports on CPU, memory and network utilization, disk I/O and much more.
- Know how your servers are performing over a period of time and analyze possible trends.
With out-of-the-box monitoring support for VMware servers and cloud instances, the XenServer monitoring capability augments the use of Applications Manager for your entire virtual infrastructure.