Take Control of WebLogic Management
WebLogic is one of the leading J2EE™ application servers in today’s marketplace. Monitoring WebLogic for its performance and availability becomes inevitable. Applications Manager, a tool for monitoring the performance and availability of applications and servers, helps in BEA WebLogic Management.
Applications Manager automatically diagnoses, notifies, and corrects performance and availability problems not only with WebLogic Servers, but also with the servers and applications in the entire IT infrastructure.
J2EE Web Transaction Analyzer
The Web Transaction Analyzer allows you to view Java method level breakup of response times. It enables end to end Web Transaction monitoring, from URL to SQL queries of a web application and provides the time taken in the various tiers like Web, Java, EJB, JDBC. Application Admins can easily troubleshoot problem areas by obtaining the slow URLs and take a look at the trace (method level) all the way to the SQL query. More info on Java/J2EE Web Transaction Monitor.
WebLogic monitoring includes delivering comprehensive fault management and proactive alarm notifications, checking for impending problems, triggering appropriate actions and gathering performance data for planning, analysis, and reporting.
- Some of the components that can be monitored in WebLogic are:
- JVM Heap Usage
- Server Response Time
- Metrics of all web applications
- User Sessions and Details
- Out of the box support for JMS & SAF
- Enterprise JavaBeans (EJBs)
- EJB Pool Statistics
- EJB Cache Statistics
- Thread Pools
- Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) Pools
- Time waiting for a connection
- Percentage of database connections in use
- Custom Application MBeans (JMX) attributes
|"We, at Hughes Network Systems are very pleased with the AppManager product. We looked at a number of other Application Management products, and they were all very expensive. Your product, allowed us to manage our WebLogic layer of our PeopleSoft application, at a reasonable cost. Support has been very responsive, and you have added a number of features that we have requested (Polls to retry can be configured individually for any attribute of a Monitor and Multiple varbind support in alarm messages)"
Senior Systems Analyst
Hughes Network Systems, LLC
WebLogic Management Capabilities
- Out-of-the-box management of performance and availability of the WebLogic server - checks if it is running and executing requests
- Monitors WebLogic performance statistics such as database connection pools, servlets, JVM memory usage, user sessions, etc. alarms can be configured for these parameters.
- Based on the thresholds configured, notifications and alarms are generated. Actions are executed automatically based on configurations.
- Performance graphs and reports are available instantly. Grouping of reports, customized reports, and graphs based on date is available.
For more information, refer WebLogic Management Online Help.